Thursday 21 June 2012

Cupcakage!

I do love a good cupcake! Here's a few of mine, some made for orders, and some just for the fun of it!

These were vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream, all prettied up for a christening. I went for tiny fondant baby booties in blue and white to fit the occasion, as well as fondant lettering (and the little sprinkle of glitter that somehow ends up on all my cakes!)


And next, my little addition to the flurry of patriotic jubilee baking that we experienced a few weeks ago; vanilla sponges with a whole fresh strawberry in the middle and vanilla cream cheese frosting, and a special glitter hat-tip to her majesty with red, white and powder blue glitter.


Some more birthday cupcakes, this time a lemon sponge with lemon zest buttercream; sunny yellow fondant lettering, lemon curd swirls and, you guessed it, some gold sparkly goodness!


And finally a photo of my biggest order to date, 100 christmassy vanilla cupcakes- and operation so great the decorating had to move to my dining room table! all topped with a magic sparkly sprinkle; some with handmade fondant candy canes- that was one busy day in my kitchen!

So there's a wee sample of my cupcake production! I'm hungry... 

No comments:

Post a Comment