Wednesday 27 June 2012

Birthdays

Another catch-up post, I thought today i'd show you a couple of birthday cakes orders that i've had recently, so here goes!

Number One: This is a chocolate cake that I made for a 50th birthday; and the rose and calyx design was inspired by a wedding cake I saw ages ago (on one of my fairly sad sit-and-google-image-wedding-cakes sessions, which are probably far too frequent!) I have a serious love for the combination of pale pinks and greens, especially since one of my oldest friends (more like my adopted big sister) used them as the colour scheme for her wonderful wedding last year; and I quite liked how they turned out in rose form on this cake!



And the second; a 70th birthday cake for one of my best friends' Granddad. The decoration was inspired by the design of a vintage cinema that he is involved with the running of, and I have it on good authority that he loved it! The cake itself was a light fruit cake packed with citrus, to make it a little more summery than a traditional fruit cake (not that the boozy element was forfeited!)


excuse the still-wet paint on the "70"


 so there we go, happy wednesday!

Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment